Strawberries and Cheesecake Trifle is the perfect dessert to take to a family get together, a pot luck or a neighborhood get together. I can promise you that this dessert will get you rave reviews and you will be asked for the recipe so many times.
I love going to friends’ houses to enjoy great food and great company. With my busy life, I am not always able to spend hours making a great dessert. So, I rely on Sara Lee Desserts to help me out. I know I can count on Sara Lee to help me put my best dessert on the table.
Big and I were invited to a neighbor’s house to play games. We love to play games and so we jumped at the chance for a fun filled night. I asked our hostess if we could bring the dessert.
We have a Food Lion grocery store a few blocks away from us, and I knew I could get everything I needed to make the perfect dessert. When I walked in the store, I saw some sweet, red, ripe strawberries and I new I would make a dessert using them. The freezer section is close to the fruit section, so I headed over there. I saw a Sara Lee Cheesecake and decided right then and there, that I would make a trifle.
Trifle is such a wonderful dessert. It is easy, but full of rich, creamy flavor. Typically a trifle will call for pound cake. I was excited to try swapping the Sara Lee Cheesecake for the poundcake. It was big hit!
- 1 Sara Lee Cheesecake (found in the freezer section)
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
- Slice strawberries and place them in a medium sized bowl. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar on them and set aside.
- Take the cheesecake out of the carton and cut in to cubes about 1 inch large. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream in a standing mixer with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Now begin to layer your dessert in this order - cheesecake, strawberries, whipped cream. Repeat this layer and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a quarter of a strawberry.
- I used individual trifle bowls. If you were taking this dessert to a pot luck, you could use a large trifle bowl and layer it the same way.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sara Lee Desserts, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SaraLeeDesserts http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
If you are looking for more delicious recipes, try these:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Health Benefits of Eating Apples - September 18, 2017
- Chicken Pot Pie from Scratch – the best comfort food - September 13, 2017
- Broccoli Bacon Salad #InternationalBaconDay - September 1, 2017