Do you dread road trips with your kids? Do you get tired of hearing, “Are we there yet?” How about, “Mom, I have to go to the bathroom!” This statement comes up about 5 minutes after the last bathroom break.
Summer can be filled with many road trips, both long and short. The easiest, and at times least expensive, way to get to your fun destination can be the hardest for kids. What is a family to do?
Distracted drivers are unsafe drivers, so it is super important to make sure you plan your road trip well.
It is really not that hard to keep your children happy and healthy while heading to their favorite theme part or to Grandma’s house.
Here are a few tips on how to accomplish this:
- Pack lots of healthy snacks (read more here)
- Leave early in the morning when they are still sleeping
- Pack hand held games (you can pick these up at the Dollar store or at garage sales)
- Pack age appropriate puzzles (Here is a site with some fun MadLibs)
- Listen to a book on tape
- Make sure you plan frequent stops. Get out and play frisbee or kick a ball around for 10 minutes
- Make sure your kids are comfortable. Bring their favorite blanket or pillow
- Sing silly songs (this kept us entertained for hours when my daughter was younger)
As I said earlier, keeping your children comfortable is key. A favorite toy and blanket can go a long way to keeping little ones comfy.
It is also important to make sure that children who require a booster seat be comfortable, they are typically of the age where there is a lot of wiggling going on and it is hard to sit still! The great folks at mifold generously offered me one of their booster seats for a review.
Here are a few things I love about it:
- Instead of lifting the child up, the mifold moves the seatbelt down.
- The mifold is compact enough fit in a large purse or backpack
- Great to leave at Grandma’s house. No need to take a large and clunky booster seat out every time you switch cars
So, the next time you are getting ready for a road trip try some of my ideas. Your whole family will appreciate it!
One more thing – you can enter to win a mifold for your family! Take a few minutes to fill out the form and you could be the lucky winner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017