Raspberry Jalapeño Glazed Chicken is a recipe that came to me while trying to figure out what to do with the chicken that I planned on cooking for dinner.
On busy days, or during weeks when I didn’t meal plan, I open the pantry doors or the refrigerator door and hope that an idea will pop in my brain. I knew that I wanted a simple recipe that would be quick also. My eyes came to an abrupt halt when I saw the jar of raspberry jalapeño jam that I had made over the summer. I knew that I could easily use it as a glaze for my chicken.
This chicken recipe was a hit in my home. The sweet of the raspberries and the heat of the jalapeño was a perfect match for the breast of chicken. Using the jam as a glaze was so simple and easy.
By the way, did I tell you this is a frugal family recipe? I purchased the chicken breasts on sale and paid around $5.00 for them (I got 4). The raspberry jalapeño jam was homemade, but I have seen some on the shelves in the grocery store. I am sure you could purchase it for a few dollars, since you only use a small amount, there would be enough of the sweet/hot goodness for other recipes! If you don’t want to purchase the jam and enjoy canning head on over to my raspberry jalapeño jam recipe and make some for yourself.
So if you are looking for a quick and easy chicken recipe, I suggest you give this Raspberry Jalapeño Glazed Chicken recipe a try. I know you and your family will love it.
- 4 chicken breast (I used bone in and skin on)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raspberry jalapeno jam
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil (easy clean up)
- Rinse your chicken breasts with water and place them on the foil lined cookie sheet.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 30 - 45 minutes (this will depend on the size of the breast)
- Don't let them cook completely, they will cook a little longer after you add the glaze.
- When the chicken has about 5 to 10 more minutes to cook, brush the raspberry jalapeño jam on the chicken. Bake for a few more minutes and then repeat the glazing process one more time. Check the temperature* of the chicken for doneness and serve!
- *Internal temperature for cooked chicken should be 165 degrees
Raspberry Jalapeño Glazed Chicken not what you are prepared to have for dinner tonight? Pin this recipe for later and then take a minute to check out a few more easy chicken recipes.
Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017