Are you a snack lover? I am! This parsnip chips recipe is so easy to make. You will wonder why you have not made it before. These chips go with any meal.
Did you realize that snacking is important when you eat clean/real food. Actually, no matter how you eat, having a snack is important. Your body needs to have food to continue to work properly. Many of us snack on foods that are not good for us.
No matter what I have for breakfast, I am ready for a snack around 10 or 11 in the morning. Prior to eating clean, my go to snack was chips or perhaps cookies. These parsnip chips are the perfect alternative to those other unhealthy choices.
Here are a few reasons why snacking is good for you:
- Snacking can help you from overeating at meal time
- Snacking can help you maintain your physical and mental energy all day
- Snacking can help you work more fruit and vegetable in your day
- Snacking can curb your cravings
- Snacking helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
Now, I reach for clean eating snacks that are healthy, often have protein in them and are good for me too. I recently made sweet potato chips and my family really loved them. So, I decided to try making chips with other vegetables.
Growing up, I remember my Mother making recipes that used parsnips. She grew up in Northern Germany and they were a popular vegetable there. I didn’t really cook with them until the past year or so. The first recipe I made using parsnips was a root vegetable mash.
PARSNIP CHIP RECIPE
The parsnips added a bit of sweetness to the potatoes, yet gave the recipe a wonderful earthy flavor also.
A healthy and tasty alternative to purchased chips.
- 2 medium parsnips , thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss until well combined. Place the parsnips on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they do not overlap, and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Check the chips at 20 minutes to prevent burning. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
PARSNIP CHIP RECIPE
If you are looking for a list of clean eating snacks, print this sheet out and keep it on your refrigerator or in a binder. Of course, you will want to make this parsnip chips recipe.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Health Benefits of Eating Apples - September 18, 2017
- Chicken Pot Pie from Scratch – the best comfort food - September 13, 2017
- Broccoli Bacon Salad #InternationalBaconDay - September 1, 2017