Make homemade apple juice for your family, it is really easy and it tastes so great. Basically all you need is a juicer and some apples.
First off, lets talk about why you would want to make homemade apple juice. What are the benefits to you and your family?
For me, the most important benefit is that homemade apple juice doesn’t contain and preservatives or extra sugar.
Benefits of making homemade apple juice:
- My top benefit is that it is an easy way to get the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables in your diet
- You easy get the micronutrient that your body needs
- Fast and efficient way to absorb nutrients
We have all heard the saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctors away.” That old saying is true.
Here is a list of health benefits of apples:
- Digestion: apples are rich in fiber and help aid in digestion (making homemade apple juice has soluble fiber in it)
- Anemia: apples are known to be helpful in treating anemia because of the high iron content.
- Weakness: consuming apples on a regular basis has been shown to increase vitality in those who are recuperating from surgeries or illnesses. Apples can also improve muscle tone.
- High in Vitamins and Minerals
These are just a few of the reasons we have been adding apples to our diet. We have 5 apple trees in our yard so finding great apple recipes is important to me. Making homemade apple juice is so quick and easy. If you enjoy instant gratification, this juice is for you!
Now, let’s talk about juicers. There are many great ones on the market. I purchased a Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor. I really took time to learn which juicer would be the best for my family. When you are looking at juicers, make sure you read the reviews.
The Breville Juicer is not inexpensive. It is sturdy and I can easily juice a whole apple at one time. That is a benefit for me. It makes the juicing process quicker and easier. I don’t have to worry about peeling and coring apples.
Think about how many times you will use the juicers. Will you use it every day? Do you want a quick prep time and easy clean up? What is your budget? These are questions you want to ask prior to purchasing a juicer.
Let’s make homemade apple juice!
Homemade Apple Juice
Easy to make and full of healthy benefits.
- 3 medium to large Apples (Your choice)
Place the medium to large apples in a juice and run the juicer according to the manufacturer directions.
I use Fuji apples, but you can use your families favorite apples.
When purchasing apples to juice, please look for organic apples.
If you are like me, you want to prevent food waste. You might think that the pulp that is created when you juice is wasteful.
A couple of things you can do with the juicing pulp:
- Add it back into the juice if you like a thicker juice
- Use it in a vegetable soup
- Add it to your compost bin or dig it into your garden soil
- Feed it to your worms
- Freeze it for later
Did you make homemade apple juice? Looking for more great apple recipes? Take a look at these.
Read more about the health benefits of apples at Organic Facts