Lavender scone recipe. Lavender scones are one of my daughter’s favorite treats and they are mine also.
Many years ago, my daughter and I used to have Tea Time on Tuesday afternoons. We would site in the living room of our 1901 house and have tea and scones. My daughter was homeschooled at the time and we used this time to discuss literature and poetry. It was our favorite time of the week.
My daughter is grown, has graduated from college and has been in the working world for a few years now. We still enjoy tea time and scones though. I knew the lavender scone recipe would be one I enjoyed making for both of us.
Last year, I visited a small lavender farm here in the Central Virginia area. It was there that I purchased, what I feel is, the best culinary lavender around. I love purchasing local grown foods and herbs.
I had never cooked with lavender before, but while touring the farm, we were given a sample of lavender lemonade and lavender ice cream. I was hooked and knew I wanted to try a few other recipes with lavender as an ingredient.
Here is my Lavender Scone recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 TBL sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 TLB dried lavender
- 3/4 cup plus 1 TBL heavy whipping cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add lavender; mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Using a 2 inch round cutter, cut scones, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush sones with remaining 1 TBL cream and sprinkle with remaining 2 TBL sugar.
- Bake for 14 - 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool before serving.
If you are looking for more spring recipes, take a few moments to visit some of the other Sunday Supper home cooks. I know you will find something you like.
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Levantine Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta by Family Foodie
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement