I have never really made that many Easter decorations, so I was eager to give it a try. I decided on making Jute Covered Easter Eggs. It was a pretty simple craft to make and I love the results.
I will warn you – a hot glue gun was used and burnt fingers may happen!
Jute Covered Easter Eggs items needed are:
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Glue Gun
Directions for Jute Covered Easter Eggs:
- Create a small spiral of jute, place a small amount of hot glue on the plastic egg. Attach the jute.
- Continue to apply hot glue to the plastic egg and then apply the jute to the area you just applied glue to. Don’t try to get too much glue on the plastic egg at one time – it will dry and the jute will not stick!
- When you have applied all of the jute to the egg, let it dry and cool off for a few minutes. Then you are done! Unless you want to add paint. I used a stencil sponge to “pounce” small amounts of acrylic paint on the jute. Let the egg dry and then let the decorating begin!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017