Kids will be heading back to school soon and that means, for many of us, that we are busy thinking about healthy options for their lunch boxes.
These healthy honey oatmeal cookies are perfect for your young one’s lunch or as an after school snack. They are made with honey and coconut sugar.
Who wouldn’t want a sweet treat in their lunch box? Just don’t tell your family that these healthy honey oatmeal cookies are full of good for you ingredients.
My family has been busy cleaning up our diets and eliminating sugar. At times, we all need a sweet treat. Usually those treats mean sugar.
Before we move on to the recipe, let’s talk about coconut sugar
- You can easily replace it for white sugar.
- It is made from the sap of cut flower buds of the coconut palm
- It is high in B vitamins, a high mineral content and contains glutamine
- Coconut sugar is not sugar free, but it is an acceptable choice for those with diabetes
- It is gluten free and is easily found in grocery stores or online
Honey Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Yummy cookies made with honey and coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup craisins
In medium bowl, beat butter with coconut sugar until thoroughly blended.
Blend in honey. Blend in egg and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
In separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; blend into honey mixture.
Blend in raisins or chips. Drop dough by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
Find more great back to school recipes from these home bloggers:
Lunch Box Kebobs by Family Around the Table
Cherry Chip Sourdough Muffins by Cooking With Carlee
S’Mores Ice Cream by A Day In The Life on The Farm
Cranberry Pecan Granola by Palatable Pastime
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Health Benefits of Eating Apples - September 18, 2017
- Chicken Pot Pie from Scratch – the best comfort food - September 13, 2017
- Broccoli Bacon Salad #InternationalBaconDay - September 1, 2017