Garden vegetable cream cheese spread is the perfect spread when you want to make your children some Bunnies in the Garden.
When my daughter was younger, I tried to make her lunches as fun as possible. I also wanted to make them as nutritious as possible. I suppose there was also a part of me that wanted to be the Mom every kid wanted to have.
We all want our kids to be happy and healthy. Making sure that we feed our children all of the food groups can be a challenge, but Bento box lunches can be so helpful in that regard. In just a small space, you can pack fruits, vegetables, protein and carbohydrates.
Quick and easy recipes like this garden vegetable cream cheese spread are great. The spread is made with farm fresh vegetables and there are no added preservatives or chemical.
Here are a couple other ideas for this garden vegetable cream cheese spread:
- Wraps – spread it on a tortilla and add lettuce, cheese and a slice or two of deli meat
- Bagel – need a quick breakfast? Slather a toasted bagel with this and head out the door
- Vegetable Dip – carrots, celery and cucumbers are even better when dipped in the spread
Typically, I make this spread the day before I need it. It seems to get better as it sits. Make the lunches the night before and pop them in the refrigerator. You will beat the morning rush and save yourself some time and sanity.
Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese Spread
The perfect summer (or any time) spread. Filled with fresh summer vegetables. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or snacks.
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese slightly softened
- 2 - 3 TBL Finely chopped carrots
- 2 - 3 TBL Finely chopped green bell pepper (can use yellow or red bell pepper)
- 1 TBL finely sliced chives
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Great for stuffing celery, used on wraps, sandwiches, bagels and more.
Bento boxes can easily be kept cold, so there is no need to worry about spoilage. The one I use is called the Fit & Fresh Bento Box. It has removable BPA-Free containers, is insulated and has removable ice packs. I love it.
Here are more great Back to School recipes from my home cooking friends that you will want to check out.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
Peanut Butter Maple Snack Mix by Cooking With Carlee
S’More Clusters by A Day In The Life On The Farm
Spaghetti Rings in Tomato Sauce by Palatable Pastime
You will love these delicious and healthy snacks too:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Health Benefits of Eating Apples - September 18, 2017
- Chicken Pot Pie from Scratch – the best comfort food - September 13, 2017
- Broccoli Bacon Salad #InternationalBaconDay - September 1, 2017