This frugal breakfast tastes anything but inexpensive. Fajita Steak and Egg Burrito may be the new favorite breakfast of Big! Of course, this fantastic breakfast will only happen on those rare occasions that we have steak and even rarer occasions that we have leftover steak!
If you do have some left over steak, I would suggest giving this great frugal breakfast a try. This happened to be about one half of a Rib Eye. I had purchased the two steaks for just under $6.00, therefore making this great cut of meat cost me $1.50! I was able to slice the meat thinly and use it in three burritos. Now, I don’t know about you, but I think I made that meat go pretty far!
Bell peppers and onions are always in the house. I slice my bell peppers and keep them in the freezer for future use. We are not really that fond of bell peppers, but they are needed for some dishes. Add some eggs and cheese and you have the perfect breakfast. I would add a little sour cream and hot sauce, but that it just me!
- 3 ounces cooked steak (more or less depending on what you have)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 oz cheddar cheese (could use mexican or monterey jack)
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1/4 quarter of an onion, sliced
- 1/4 of a bell pepper, sliced
- 3 mid-sized flour tortilla
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place your olive oil in the pan and add your sliced onion and bell pepper. Sauté until softened and a bit brown. Add your thinly sliced steak, heat till warm (remember the meat is already cooked and you don't want to overcook it) Remove from the pan and set aside, cover to keep warm.
- Crack the two eggs in a bowl and beat them. Pour into the frying pan and scramble them. When fully cooked, place the eggs, and meat mixture on the tortilla, roll and enjoy!
- You can add sour cream and hot sauce to taste.
We love pretty much anything stuffed in a tortilla and we love most Mexican foods too, so this frugal breakfast is right up our alley!
Here is the breakdown in cost – 3 burritos for $2.60, Cost of 1 burrito = .87
- Steak – 1.50
- 2 Eggs = .16
- 1/4 Onion – .04
- 1/4 Bell Pepper – .05
- 2 oz. Cheese – .25
- 3 Flour Tortillas – .60
What are some of your families favorite frugal breakfast dishes? I would love to hear about them.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017