As a a regular reader of Feeding Big, you know that I usually share some pretty great recipes and a few crafts here and there. I also share a little about my private life with you. One thing you may not know is that I lived in Florida for almost three years. We moved there from New Mexico when Big got a job promotion. We had lived in New Mexico for many years and were used to the desert and lack of green.
Imagine my delight when we moved to a state where everything is green! I just loved waking up and seeing the green trees, grass and the abundace of flowers. The other thing I loved about Florida was the availability of fresh seasonal produce. I remember going with my neighbor to pick strawberries – in December! Everyone north of us was getting snow and we were picking fresh fruit!
Did you know that April is blueberry season in Florida? To celebrate the fresh blueberries from Florida, I want to share a recipe for Florida Blueberry Cheesecake.
- 1 whole cheesecake (homemade or store bought)
- 4 pints Florida blueberries, rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup natural Florida sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- In a small sauce pot, combine 2 pints blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Place sauce pot over medium high heat.
- Stir contents of pot as it comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook blueberry mixture for 20 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain blueberry sauce through a sieve if desired.
- Let blueberry sauce cool to room temperature, and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Top the cheesecake with some of the cooled blueberry sauce, leaving extra for garnish.
- Place fresh leftover blueberries on top of the cheesecake and garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve the blueberry topped cheesecake with extra blueberry sauce.
Doesn’t that Cheesecake make your mouth water? I know it does mine! If you are looking for moreFresh From Florida Recipes, check out their Fresh From Florida on Facebook page or follow them at Fresh From Florida on Twitter. I know I am!
I think the next recipe I will try from the Fresh From Florida website is the Florida Berry Snack Bar. What will you try?
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Health Benefits of Eating Apples - September 18, 2017
- Chicken Pot Pie from Scratch – the best comfort food - September 13, 2017
- Broccoli Bacon Salad #InternationalBaconDay - September 1, 2017