Easy, no bake Peanut Butter Bars remind me of Reese Peanut Butter Cups. This recipe is great for school or work lunches.
These bars are my contribution to the Fill The Cookie Jar group. We are a group of bloggers who love to bake and get together once a month to share our favorite cookie recipes. We base our recipes on a theme and this month our theme was Mother’s Day. I decided to be a bit selfish and share my favorite recipe – I am a Mother after all!
Who doesn’t love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? I don’t think I have ever met anyone who thinks this is not a good combination. When I buy a candy bar, I always head for Reese!
Imagine my delight when I saw this Easy, No Bake Peanut Butter Bar recipe in the Six Sister’s Cookbook. I was so excited to see that I could make something that reminded me of my favorite candy bar. These bars come together quickly – the hardest part about the recipe is waiting till the chocolate gets hard and you can cut them up and eat a bite!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup plus 4 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (or semi sweet chips)
- In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter' graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar; and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9X9 inch square pan. In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the remaining peanut butter at 59% power; stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least on hour before cutting into squares.
- I kept these refrigerated.
When you have put these cookies together, they call for refrigeration until the chocolate topping sets. I decided to keep them in the refrigerator. It is nice to have something cool at the end of your day – I also like the crunch the bar gets when it is cool
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Apple Week Welcome and Giveaway 2017 - September 25, 2017
- Health Benefits of Eating Apples - September 18, 2017
- Chicken Pot Pie from Scratch – the best comfort food - September 13, 2017