Easy deviled eggs are the perfect food for potluck, family get togethers, parties or just because you love them. They are delicious no matter what time of the year it is.
I find myself making Easy Deviled Eggs in the summer time on a frequent basis. Recently though, I have been making them when I know I am having company over or when I know that I have a party or get together to attend. They are usually gone in a flash, which is not surprising. I mean really, who can resist those little guys?
My daughter is a vegetarian and many times I will cook up a few eggs as her protein source for a meal. One large egg has about 6 grams of protein and only 78 calories. Eggs are super low in fat also. Eggs really do seem to be a perfect food.
My easy deviled egg recipe is simple, and easy to make. Since eggs are pretty inexpensive, I work them into a recipe at least one time a week as our frugal family meal. Using eggs as the main source of protein in a main dish recipe can keep the cost of a meal for 4 under $5 to $10!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hard boil 12 eggs.
- Drain and let cool to touch.
- Peel the eggs and slice each egg in half, lengthwise. Remove the yolk halves and place in a small mixing bowl. Arrange the egg white halves on a serving platter.
- Using a fork, mash up the yolks and add mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
Wondermom Wannabe shared a great list of other party and snack foods recently. Stop by and read all about them.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017