Frozen Dreamsicle pie is the perfect summer dessert. I will be very honest with you though – grab your piece fast because this pie won’t last long!
I made this pie for a Memorial Day dessert. I was having company and wanted to make sure I spent my time with them and not in the kitchen. Our main course for the meal was grilled shrimp. We also had some baked beans and a pasta salad. I thought a light frozen dessert was the best way to end the meal.
Let me tell you, this recipe was quick and easy to make. I had most of the ingredients in my kitchen already! I just love it when a recipe comes together like that. I spent about 10 minutes putting the pie together and then all that was required was to let the pie freeze!
After dinner, I brought out the Frozen Dreamsicle pie and set it on the table with dessert plates, forks and a cutting knife. I picked up a few dishes and took them to the kitchen, by the time I came back outside over half the pie was gone! I didn’t mind though, I am always happy to see smiling faces!
- 2 oranges
- 1/12 cups greek yogurt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 9 inch Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Grate the zest of 2 oranges (I will use less next time - I found this to be too strong); set aside.
- Juice the oranges and whisk with the 1 1/2 cups of greek yogurt, the 14 ounce can sweetened condensed mile, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl and stir in the orange zest.
- Pour the plain filling into a 9-once graham cracker crust. Spoon the zest mixture over the top, then swirl with the back of a spoon.
- Cover and freeze until set, about 4 hours.
I don’t know about you, but when it is warm outside, I don’t want to spend time in the kitchen! This great pie only takes minutes and will get you back outside enjoying your garden, company or whatever brings you pleasure!
Here are a couple great grilling recipes you may enjoy: