Cleaning with white vinegar is the best. Well, at least as far as I am concerned.
As a Mom, we want our children to grow up safe, happy and healthy. We put safety locks on the cabinets, plugs in the electrical outlets and make sure there is noting that they can cut themselves with or eat.
What we may not always think of is the chemicals used in the cleaning products we have around the house. Do you want your little one’s fingers wrapped around a toy that you just cleaned using a chemical that can harm them?
What is the solution? It is so simple and it something you probably have in your house right now.
Yes, that is right. Good old, white vinegar. Inexpensive, easy to find and as I said, it is probably in your kitchen right now.
Cleaning with white vinegar
Vinegars acetic quality allows it to kill bacteria, mold and germs while being safe enough to not harm the body or environment. Studies show that straight vinegar can kill 99% of bacteria, 82 % of mold and 80% of germs.
So, let’s get to the list of 9 uses for vinegar Mom’s must know. By the way, there are affiliate links in this article, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks.
- Great for cleaning baby bottles – fill the bottle with half hot water and half vinegar. Leave the bottle sit for about an hour. Scrub with a both brush and then wash as normal. This should remove all of the film left from formula or mil.
- Get rid of dirt on baby dolls – Wipe the plastic parts of a baby doll with straight white vinegar. Use a soft cloth. You can rinse off, but it is not necessary.
- Clean final baby books or board books – Spray vinyl books with vinegar and wipe clean. For board books, spray a small amount on a soft cloth and wipe the book clean.
- Clean outside toys – Mix equal part of water and white vinegar in a gallon container. Wipe off all outside toys. If you have a badly soiled spot, use a little baking soda. Rinse off with plain water and either wipe the water away or allow to sun dry.
- Clean urine from a mattress – clean and deodorize a mattress that has bring on it with a mixture of half vinegar and half water. Spray on mattress and then sprinkle baking son on the area. Let it dry completely and then vacuum away the baking soda when it is dry to the touch. You may need to do this more than once.
- Get crayons marks out – When you have crayon stains on clothing or other material, try rubbing them with an old toothbrush that has been dipped in vinegar. Launder as usual.
- Clean dirty doll clothing – speaking of fabric, your little ones can get doll clothing very dirty. Soak the clothing in a solution of 1 quart warm water, 2 TBL baking soda and 3 TBL vinegar. Rinse with plain water and spread out to dry.I love my drying rack and use it on a daily basis!
- Clean baby toys – Mix a 1/4 cup vinegar to 2 cups of water and place it in a spray bottle. Spray down toys and wipe clean. Easy to make and easy to clean.
- Clean little scissors and art supplies – Mix a combination of 1/4 cup of vinegar to 2 cups of water in a spay bottle. Wipe scissors and other art supplies down. Wipe dry.
Now that you armed with the best tips on cleaning with white vinegar, take a moment to read my article on home remedies for sunburn relief.
Read more on the health benefits of vinegar.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017