Clean Eating Spiced Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup finely diced apple (1 medium or 2 small can use red or green
Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017