I was very skeptical about this challenge. I told my family what the ingredients were and you should have seen their faces! I don’t think they were feeling the love for the two very crazy ingredients!
This vegetable dish turned out to be very delicious. The mix of chocolate and chile reminded me of living in the Southwest and eating Mole! The two spices complimented the nutty flavor of the cauliflower.
Roasting this beautiful vegetable with the chile and chocolate gives the it an almost smokey flavor. This vegetable side is delicious with any meal.
This recipe called for very simple ingredients that you would have hanging around your house. It was easy to prepare and I can guarantee you , this will be a favorite in your home!
- 1 head fresh cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 - 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Chop up the cauliflower into florets, place in a large bowl. Add chile powder and cocoa powder, then toss to combine. Add the melted butter and toss until coated. Spread on a baking sheet and bake 20-30min, or until tender.
- We ate this as a side dish with Patty Melts. I think it this cauliflower dish would be a star for any Sunday Supper also.
If you are interested in joining the Crazy Ingredient Challenge, head over to Hungry Little Girl and sign up! You won’t regret it.
Here are the other wonderful recipes from my fellow CIC’ers!