I love the holidays and I love hosting family and friends. Many people might think it is stressful to cook a meal for many people, but I don’t.
The more people, the more fun it is for me. I like to chat with my guests prior to their coming over so I can find out if they have any special dietary requirements. I then set about making my menu and then off to the grocery store.
While I am out shopping for the ingredients for my dinner, I make sure I pick up a few items for a cheese board. I want to make sure that my guests have something to snack on prior to dinner. If you do any cooking at all, you know that timing can be an issue.
Having a cheese board for my guests is so easy to make and I know there will be something on it for everyone.
- Cheese (I like to pick 2 or 3 Stella® cheeses- I know they are quality and everyone loves them)
- Crackers – I choose a plain cracker that is not too salty. I want to make sure the toppings stand out.
- Olives – a good mixture of black and green
- Hard Sausage
- Dried Cherries
- Dried Apricots
These are just the thinks I like to choose from. I think that having a combination of sweet and salty is the best.
Hosting a dinner or get together can be a lot of work. I recently shared some tips on how to host a holiday brunch with no stress. They tips from that article will work for a holiday dinner also.
Here is something else that is great about a cheese board – you can prepare most of it the day before. Here is how:
- Slice your cheese (take out of the refrigerator if it should be room temperature)
- Slice the hard sausage
- Gather all of the crackers and dried fruit and put in one place so that you can easily get them on the board
I hope these tips helped you out a little. Again, making a cheese board is a great way to offer your guests a small snack while you are finishing dinner. It is easy to make a cheese board.
I love to purchase Stella® Cheese for my upcoming holiday parties. Have you tried it yet? There are so many great varieities.
Don’t forget to enter Stella’s® amazing contest to win a trip to Napa Valley, California!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples #AppleWeek - September 29, 2017
- Easy Fried Apples #AppleWeek - September 27, 2017
- Nutmeg-Apple Conserve, a canning recipe #AppleWeek - September 26, 2017