Cucumber Sandwiches with White Bean Hummus and a review of Home Made Summer cookbook
White bean hummus is a great alternative to the hummus that is made with chickpeas. I recently saw this recipe in a great cookbook called Home Made Summer.
The traditional hummus usually requires Tahini (a sesame seed paste). You may not be able to find Tahini in your local grocery store or perhaps you just don’t want to have a container of it in your pantry if it is not something that you use often. If either one of those is the case, then this recipe is for you.
You can serve White Bean Hummus with chopped veggies, dip a pretzel or cracker in it, or make a great cucumber sandwich like I did! No matter how you serve it, I know you will love this quick, easy and tasty recipe.
I want to share a review on the Home Made Summer Cookbook with you. I love this book for many reasons. One of them being the great photos and art work! The author’s upbringing in Ireland and her many trips to France inspire her recipes. Since I have family in Europe and a German Mother, many of these recipes spoke to me. I am sure you will be able to find a few of the recipes that your family will love.
A few of my blogging friends and I got together and decided to share our reviews of this book and a few of our recipes with all of you. Guess what? We are also giving a copy of the book away. Just drop down to the Rafflecopter and enter to win!
- 1 1/4 cooked white beans (I used canned - rinse well)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Olive Oil (plus a little to drizzle on top)
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika or cayenne to sprinkle on top
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (except paprika or cayenne) and pulse to a smooth puree. Spoon the hummus into a bowl, drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with paprika or cayenne.
- If you are making the cucumber sandwich - spread the hummus on a good bread, thinly slice English cucumbers and lay on top of the hummus. Enjoy!
If you don’t want to wait to see if you win Home Made Summer, you can always drop by Amazon and purchase it for yourself. Just click on the link below and you will go straight to Amazon! Get your credit card ready! (By the way, I am an affiliate with Amazon and make a small amount of money for every purchase you make – Thanks)
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- January giveaway for a $500 Amazon gift card - January 23, 2017
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017