Looking for tips for eating more vegetables? Some family members just won’t touch vegetables What is a Mother to do?
We want to feed our family great food. Food that we know nourishes them and keeps their brains running at full speed.
Vegetables are full of:
These are all things we know our family needs. Did you know that over 30% of us fail to meet the USDA’s recommended 5 fruits and vegetables a day? So what is the best way to get them to eat more vegetables?
Here are a few tips for eating more vegetables:
- Take a trip to the farmers market and buy what is fresh. They will be at their peak flavor.
- Buy vegetables that are easy to prepare.
- Buy packages of veggies such as baby carrots or celery sticks for quick snacks.
- Set a good example for children by eating vegetables with meals and as snacks.
- Let children decide on the dinner vegetables or what goes into salads.
- Depending on their age, children can help shop for, clean, peel, or cut up vegetables.
- Allow children to pick a new vegetable to try while shopping.
- Use cut-up vegetables as part of afternoon snacks.
Having all of this great information in your Mom tool belt, still doesn’t mean you will be able to get your kids (both big and small) to eat their vegetables.
Another easy way to get your family members to eat more vegetables is by offering them a delicious Garden Lite muffins. Can you believe one of these chocolate muffins has 1/3 of the vegetables that your family members need in a day?
Adding a Garden Lite muffin to your child’s lunch box is an easy way to get them to enjoy their vegetables. Heck, you don’t even have to tell them they are eating vegetables. They will think you are the best Mom for adding a chocolate muffin in their lunch.
- Garden Lites products are veggie rich, with vegetables being the first and primary ingredient in all products.
- Garden Lites provide a convenient, more enjoyable and easier way to eat your vegetables.
- Made of clean and simple ingredients.
- Products are gluten, dairy-free and nut free.
I found my Garden Lites Muffins at Giant! You can find yours in the freezer section of your nearest Publix, Stop & Shop, Giant, Shop-Rite, HEB, Kroger or Costco. You can use this easy store directory to find the store near you.
I offer Garden Lites Muffins as an after school snack.
Weekends often means we are running errands or attending sport functions. One of my tips for eating more vegetables is to place a few Garden Lites muffins in my purse. This makes it easy for my family to choose a good snack instead of something that is not healthy for them.
What are some tips for eating more vegetables you have? Would you be able to sneak these healthy Garden Lites in your families diet? I would love to hear.
Read more about Garden Lites HERE.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Best Fruit Kabobs Ever #July4Recipes - June 27, 2017
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bar Recipe, with cherries (GF, Vegan) - June 26, 2017
- The best nachos recipe, Cowboy Nachos #SundaySupper - June 25, 2017