Thai Turkey Fried Rice was the main course in recent dinner we had. This frugal family meal was great for many reasons. One, it tasted really good! Two, we used up some leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Three, it was quick, easy and frugal! Well, maybe the third reason was actually more than one!
About once a month, my family decides to travel the world. Since we cant really afford to jump in a plane and go to another country, we decide to travel there with food. We also will share the a little history of the country we are “visiting” and play a game that is traditional in this country. Each family member gets to pick the country they want the family to explore and they also get to do the cooking!
We began this when my daughter was young and still homeschooled. I felt it would be a great way for her to learn about other cultures. We have loved “traveling” the world so much, that we continue it to this day. It is always exciting to try a new dish and learn about another part of the world.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh Thai red chili pepper
- 8 ounces of cooked turkey (you can use chicken or tofu if you want a meatless meal)
- 2 cups of cold cooked rice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a wok or a large skillet, stir fry the garlic in the oil until golden. Add the chili pepper, rice, turkey, sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix gently.
- Cook until thoroughly warm.
- When warm and well mixed, add the shallots and cilantro. Stir and serve.
I hope that you will give this recipe a try. Here is a question for you – What country would you travel to and what food would you love to try?
Thanks for stopping by! See you soon.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Recipe Makeover, 40+ bloggers sharing healthy recipes and a giveaway - April 24, 2017
- Recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner - April 21, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #112 - April 20, 2017