Beer Punch is something really new to me! Have you ever tried it?
I recently made a recipe for Ginger-Scallion Chicken Wings and the recipe book I used suggest this Sweet and Spicy Beer Punch as a perfect drink to go with the wings. Hmm…Spiced Beer? I just had to give it a try.
Before I took the leap and made this beer punch, I decided to read a little more about it. I found out that beer is often used as a base for a bunch. Sunny Anderson has a recipe for Beer Punch using strawberries and blueberries. Food Network shares a recipe for a punch using Pomegranates. The other recipe that popped for me was from My Recipes and it was for a Raspberry Beer Punch. With all of these great recipes floating around in my mind, I became eager to make this.
- 1 Teaspoon Honey, plus some for dipping the glass in
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Water
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- 4 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 4 Dashes Hot sauce
- Coarse salt, for dipping glass in
- Pale Lager
- Dip the rim of a pint glass into a shallow dish of honey, then into a shallow dish of coarse salt.
- To the glass, add 1 teaspoon each honey and hot water and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add orange juice, lime juice, hot sauce and stir to combine. Fill glass with ice and top off with pale lager.
- Garnish with lime
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Enjoy summer with friends and pizza - August 19, 2017
- Julia Childs Roast Chicken, the best you will have #JuliaChild - August 15, 2017
- Chocolate Cake Mug Recipe - August 14, 2017