Sweet Potatoes and Apples in the Slow Cooker, what could be better than that? The holidays are such a crazy busy time of the year, so I am often using my slow cooker.
Slow cookers become my best friends when the holidays roll around. I have 5, yes 5, of them. I have found that having all different sizes is a good thing (hmm…I just sounded like Martha S.) At one time, the only size slow cooker I owned was a 5 quart. I soon realized that I could easily overcook things! What a disaster!
Big and Taylor Ann really enjoyed this side dish. As a matter of a fact, it was requested for Thanksgiving dinner! The apples and sweet potatoes mix well together and there is just enough cinnamon in the recipe to give it a little spice!
- Sweet Potato and Apples in the Slow Cooker2013-11-03 19:27:33Sweet Potato with Apples is the perfect fall side dish. Sweet and spicy, this dish will please anyone.Write a reviewIngredients
- 5 to 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 apples (such as Granny Smith) peeled & cored, cut in wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (real maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
Feeding Big http://feedingbig.com/
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of the slow cooker. Peel sweet potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange sweet potato slices over bottom of slow cooker. Top with apple wedges; then nutmeg and cinnamon, maple syrup, and the melted butter. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 to 5 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with pecans the last 30 minutes.
- Serves 4 to 6.
I wish I could share a photo of my slow cookers in action, but right now, they are sitting idle. Here are a few photos from Amazon. You can easily click over and read more about them.
Looking for more Slow Cooker Recipes? Here are a few great ones!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will give the Sweet Potatoes and Apples recipe a try. I think your family will enjoy it as much as I did. I know you will enjoy the ease of the recipe too!