Strawberries are in season here and I have been making as many things with strawberries as possible! I made a Creamy Strawberry Dressing that was wonderful and a fruit salad with orange and honey glaze!
I have tried the sauce on toast, pancakes and ice-cream! I think my favorite is ice cream!
I hope you give this a try – you will not regret it! It is an easy recipe and it is not too sweet.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cups of water + 2 Tablespoons
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries, 3/4 cup water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons cold water; whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to strawberries and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Set aside. Sauce will thicken more upon cooling.
- Store in refrigerator.
I am so happy to have found this great Strawberry Sauce recipe and I am glad to share it with you. I hope you will give it a try! Come back tomorrow and see what else I made with strawberries! I am very proud of it!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Recipe Makeover, 40+ bloggers sharing healthy recipes and a giveaway - April 24, 2017
- Mexican Corn and Shrimp Skillet, ready in about 15 minutes - April 24, 2017
- Recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner - April 21, 2017