This strawberry iced tea recipe is perfect for summer or any time.
When the warmer weather hits, you can find me in the kitchen brewing up big pots or iced tea. We like to switch up our iced tea flavors and find it fun to add different ingredients.
We belong to a CSA and get fresh fruits and vegetables from out local farmers. A few weeks ago, we recieved about 5 pounds of strawberries. I was busy created salads and desserts with them, but I knew I wanted to do something different.
That is how the idea for a strawberry iced tea recipe came about. I was excited to try a new brand of tea also. Thanks to Adagio Tea for providing me the Darjaling Tea I used to make this great recipe.
Strawberry Iced Tea
Easy to make and so sweet. Perfect summer drink.
- 8 black-tea bags
- 8 Cups water
- 1 pound strawberries ,juiced (or mashed until very small pieces)
- Ice for serving
Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add tea bags, and let steep for 5 minutes.
If you have a juicer, make a juice from the strawberries. If you don't have a juicer, place strawberries in a bowl and mash until they are very small pieces. Almost a paste. At this point you can strain them and use the liquid or use the mashed berries.
If you like your tea sweet, add honey to taste
Even though I am a Southern Girl, I don’t put sugar in my tea. I know, it is crazy. If you want a sweeter tea (I find the strawberries to sweeten the tea enough for me) you can add honey to the tea. Of course, you can add sugar, but honey is more healthy and better for you.
Take a look at what the #IcedTeaDay Bloggers are creating today!
- Caramel Corn Iced Tea from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cold Brewed Yerba Mate from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Iced Redbush and Elderflower Lemonade Tea from Palatable Pastime
- Iced Tropical Rooibos from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mojito Iced Tea from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Basil Darjeeling Iced Tea from Books n’ Cooks
- Vanilla Caramel Cream Tea Pops from Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you to our #IcedTeaDay Sponsor: Adagio Tea for providing the prizes free of charge. This company also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #IcedTeaDay. All opinions are my own.
Adagio Teas is giving away a gourmet teas gift pack (valued at $92)
Enter the Contest~Giveaway
Giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Winner will be announced and the prize package sent after the giveaway ends on June 16, 2017. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- The best nachos recipe, Cowboy Nachos #SundaySupper - June 25, 2017
- Best No Bake Cheesecake with blueberries #DiaryMonth - June 23, 2017
- Alfredo sauce with cream cheese #DairyMonth - June 21, 2017