St. Patrick’s Day table runner is an easy, no sew Dollar Tree craft. I made it in less than 30 minutes.
Decorating my home for each holiday and celebration is something I love to do. I am always looking for new and fun ways to make my home pretty and festive. Spending a lot of money on decorations is not something I really like doing.
St. Patrick’s Day is one of those celebratory days that I like to decorate for, but I only leave my decorations up for about a week or so. Then, down they come and all of the Easter/Spring decorations go up. Knowing that all things green and St. Patrick’s Day won’t be around long, is one reason I like to keep my decorations on the frugal side. Not too long ago I made a couple of St. Patrick’s Day wreaths – again, most of the items for them were made from items from the Dollar Tree.
If you are a long time reader of Feeding Big and more, you may remember that I made some Fall pillows using placemats from the Dollar Tree. I thought they came out really cute and loved that they were so inexpensive and easy to make. I love the Dollar Tree, don’t you?
Anyway, I decided to see if I could find St. Patrick’s Day placemats and make pillows for my sofa using the same technique I used for the fall pillows. When I got home and laid the placemats on the table, a light bulb went on in my head and I decided to make a table runner instead. So, I made some green popcorn and sat down to make this runner.
Here is how to make your St. Patrick’s Day table runner
You will need: (contains an affiliate link)
- 3 (or more) Clover placemats from Dollar Tree
- Hole punch
- Ribbon of your choice (no more than 1 yard)
- Scissors (I love Gingher scissors – they are all I will use)
- Lay your placemats out on the table you will use it on. Decide how many placemats you will use. (I have three, but wish I had more)
2. Using your hole punch, punch a hole in the area you will be running the ribbon through (this will connect the placemats)
3. Take a piece of the ribbon and run it through the hole you just made on two of the placemats and connect them. Do the same with the other placemats.
What do you think?
I am super happy with it and I love that this St. Patrick’s Day table runner is so quick and easy to make. I think I will stop by Dollar Tree and pick up another placemat and add to this runner, I would love for it to be a little longer.
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day inspiration? Check out these posts:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Chips, a clean eating recipe - January 13, 2017
- This Is How We Roll Thursday #98 - January 12, 2017
- Cauliflower Buffalo Bites, a vegan version of buffalo wings - January 10, 2017