Social Media is now beginning to make it’s mark in the movie industry. Wait, it is not in the way you think. We all know Twitter and Facebook are covered with information about movies, movie stars and pretty much anything Hollywood!
Bloggers are now beginning to assist Hollywood in fund raising. Take for instance the soon to be released movie, “The Bounce Back” starring Shemar Moore. So far over $500,000 has been raised using crowd-fundraising. This is the 4th most funded film of all times using crowd-fundraising sites such as Indiegogo. Want to know the other films who used this form of raising money?
1. Veronica Mars Film – Kickstarter – $5.7M – campaign ended 91,585 funders
2. Wish I Were Here – Zach Braff – Kickstarter $3.1 M – campaign ended – 46,520 funders
3. Road Hard – Adam Corrolla – FundAnything $837,5K (campaign still running) – 8,571 funders
4. The Bounce Back Film – Indiegogo – $551.2K (campaign still running) – over 3000 funders
See number 4? A group of 40 bloggers, myself included, got behind this movie and used the power of our blogs and our social media to push this number to where it is now! How impressive is that?
If you hop over to the Indiegogo site and check out all of the perks! You can still donate and be a part of this! How fun would it be to say, “I helped fund that movie?”
I am happy to announce that I am now a contributor to the Entertainment New Media Network. We will be working with those in the entertainment field who know the power of bloggers! I am excited to be a part of this group. You can too. The owner of this #ENMN is recruiting other bloggers right now. If you think this is something you would love to sink your teeth into, drop by the site and sign up.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Link Party #104 - February 23, 2017
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017