Buffalo Shrimp are quick and easy to make! They were the recipe of choice for this month’s Surprise Recipe Swap. I am excited to once again be participating in the Surprise Recipe Swap! If you have never heard of it, head on over to Hungry Little Girl and find out more. Heck, join in if you like! I would love to make one of your recipes! This month, my partner is Kristin from Chefinista.
While reading her about page, I learned she was a professional chef in the D.C. area and now is living in Virginia. What a small world this is. If you are a regular, you know I live in Fredericksburg, Va (if you are not a regular, I hope you will become one!) I will be getting in contact with her and hope to meet up some time! I had a good time reading Kirstin’s blog. Head on over and see what she and her husband are up to! I had a good time hanging out there.
The recipe I chose to share is her Buffalo Shrimp. I don’t know about you, but I love hot and spicy! This recipe seemed like it would be a perfect fit for my family!
I have never tried Fred’s Sauce and was glad to be able to find it easily. I am sure this recipe will find it’s way back to my kitchen often!
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil, coconut oil or cooking spray
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined (I used 31/40 count because I them smaller)
- Combine the first four ingredients and season with salt and pepper to make dip; refrigerate until ready to serve
- -Heat Frank's RedHot Sauce in a small sauce pan
- - when the sauce is hot whisk in butter and honey; when sauce is emulsified remove from heat
- - put a large sauté pan over high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil and cook shrimp working in batches
- - when shrimp are cooked add them to a large bowl, add some buffalo sauce and toss
- - continue until all the shrimp are cooked and serve with dipping sauce
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Recipe Makeover, 40+ bloggers sharing healthy recipes and a giveaway - April 24, 2017
- Mexican Corn and Shrimp Skillet, ready in about 15 minutes - April 24, 2017
- Recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner - April 21, 2017