Shrimp Pasta Salad is a recipe that has been a family favorite for a very long time. I am not sure why I haven’t shared it with you before!
Here at Casa Big, shrimp reins supreme. If any of my family members see that shrimp is on the menu, their eyes light up and get a certain glassiness to them. I will often try a new shrimp recipe, but it is the tried and true recipes that make my family the happiest. Of course, there is always room for one more tried and true recipe!
Shrimp Pasta Salad is especially delicious in the summer. I get in the kitchen early in the day and begin making the dish. Starting in the morning when it is not super hot outside keeps the kitchen cooler and the flavors have a change to mingle together and by the time dinner rolls around, the dish is perfect.
- 4 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined (you can cut them in half if you like)
- 1/2 cup chopped purple onion
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon dry Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturers directions.
- Let the pasta cool.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, mayonnaise, olive oil and spices. Stir to combine. Add the shrimp, cheddar cheese, celery and purple onion. Stir to combine.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I make it in the morning and let it sit all day long.
If you are looking for a great recipe to take to a Pot Luck this Shrimp Pasta Salad is perfect. You can double or even triple the recipe with ease and know that everyone will love it!
Still looking for shrimp recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Best Shrimp Recipe Ever – Penne A La Betsy (over 5000 shares on Pinterest!)
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017