Making Shabby Chic Cutlery Holders
What you need to make your shabby chic cutlery holders
- A yard and a half of the jute webbing
- Sewing Machine with matching thread
How to make your shabby chic cutlery holders
Sew a half inch seam across the top and bottom of the webbing. This will ensure the webbing doesn’t ravel past the seam.
Pull the threads from the top and bottom of the jute to create a raw edge.
Take the bottom of the webbing and bring it to just over the middle. Sew the sides together. Before sewing the sides, I folded the jute and then placed my silverware in the pocket to see if the pocket was the right size. If it is not adjust up or down until the pocket is correct.
I hot glued some rosettes that I made on the holders. I think you could put almost anything on them you want. Buttons would look cute. How about a flower that is the same color as your placemat or tablecloth? Pin a piece of vintage jewelry on it!
I hope you enjoyed this little craft. I will be sharing more uses for the jute later! I have some great ideas in mind! Have you ever used this Jute Upholstery Webbing for a project? I would love to hear about it!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017
- Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Chips, a clean eating recipe - January 13, 2017
- This Is How We Roll Thursday #98 - January 12, 2017