Roasted Spiced Carrots are my latest attempt at getting Big to eat more vegetables! This one worked!
Do you have a family member who snubs their nose at all vegetables? I am lucky, I only have one of those family members – my daughter is a lover of all vegetables and fruits. She loves them any time of the day.
I found this recipe in the Feb/March 2015 issue of Taste of Home. I love that magazine and I know that when I am planning my menu, I will always find recipes that my families loves.
These carrots have a great sweet and spicy taste to them. The sweet comes from the carrots themselves and the spicy flavor comes from the chili powder and cayenne. They are not to spicy for your little ones though! If you are concerned about the amount of heat in the recipe, simply omit the cayenne pepper.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground cloves
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. I n a large bowl, toss carrots with oil,. Mix seasoning; sprinkle seasonings on carrots and toss to coat.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer in a baking pan or cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Roast 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasional.
Roasted Spiced carrots make the perfect side dish for most any meal. They not only taste great, they are also low calorie, frugal and easy to make. Each serving has less than 100 calories and cost less than $.20 per serving.
Looking for more frugal meals? Here are a few more of my families favorites:
Tex Mex Twice Baked Potatoes (frugal and vegetarian)
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016