Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme is a perfect side dish for most any meal.
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, of course I say that no matter what season we happen to be in. One of the reasons I love Fall is because of the cooler weather. The other is the abundance of pumpkin and squash that is available at the local farms and markets.
We belong to a couple of CSA groups. I love being a involved with a CSA. I know I am eating food that is sustainably grown and that I am helping local farmers.
Our Fall CSA shares various pumpkins and squashes with us. We recently received a Cheese Pumpkin. You may have been seeing these beauties in the grocery store recently.
Cheese pumpkins are flatter and often a duller orange color than the pumpkins we all purchase to carve up. They are great for roasting and for making a puree out of.
Did you realize there are over 30 varieties of pumpkin? I didn’t until I started researching pumpkin. Here is a fun fact: a pumpkin is technically a fruit because pumpkin is fleshy and has seeds in it and it comes from a flower.
Recently, I shared an article called “What Is A Sugar Pumpkin and what do I do with it?” I have really been in the pumpkin cooking mood! I was so happy to create this Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme recipe.
Health benefits of pumpkin:
- Low in calories
- High in fiber
- Contains anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E
- Source of B-complex group of vitamins like folates, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin and pantothenic acid.
- Contains minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
How to make Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme
Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme
Delicious and savory side dish that will go well with any meal. Easy to make too.
- 4 cups fresh pumpkin cubed (about 1 inch)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 TBL fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350F
Cover a cookie sheet with parchments paper, set aside.
If you have a whole pumpkin, you will want to cut it in half and scrap out all of the seeds. Then slice into wedges that are about 1 - 2 inches thick. Cut the skin off and cut the pumpkin into cubes about 1 - 2 inches in size
In a medium bowl, place the pumpkin, olive oil and spices. Stir well.
Pour the pumpkin mixture on the cookie sheet. Make sure the pumpkin is in a flat layer.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until a fork easily passes in the pumpkin.
Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme is a clean eating recipe. You can easily multiply this recipe if you are feeding a large family or having it for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Looking for more side dishes for your next meal?
Fruity Side Dishes
- Cranberry Apple Relish by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Cheesy Pineapple Bake by This is How I Cook
- Pecan Cranberry Jello Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Side Dishes
- Chestnut Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Mushroom Rice Pilaf by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Potato Dinner Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
Potato Side Dishes
- Gingered Sweet Potatoes by Simple and Savory
- Marmalade Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes by Cookin’ Mimi
- Sour Cream and Onion Smashed Red Potatoes by Food Done Light
- Southern Praline Sweet Potato Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Southwestern Potato Bake by The Freshman Cook
- Stacked Sweet Potatoes by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sweet Potatoes with Cumin Sage Butter by Cooking Chat
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Vegetable Side Dishes
- Acorn Squash and Brussel Sprout Side Dish by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bacon Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts by The Crumby Cupcake
- Braised Red Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candied Acorn Squash by Cricket’s Confections
- Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole by Food Lust People Love
- German Green Bean Salad (Bohnensalat) by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole by Family Around The Table
- Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Miso Glazed Corn by NinjaBaker.com
- Pan Roasted Carrots with Apple Molasses by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Cranberries by The Chef Next Door
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Walnut Pesto by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Onions with Parsley Pesto by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Parsnips with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary by Wholistic Woman
- Spicy Balsamic Roasted Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Corn Pudding by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016