Risotto with Pumpkin and Broccoli is a great appetizer or main dish. Risotto is an Italian rice dish that a has a creamy consistency and is typically served as an appetizer. My family loves it as a main dish.
If you are like me, I love to watch cooking shows. Many of the shows that challenge professional and home chefs, like Master Chef, have the cooks create a Risotto. So many of them fail.
I have always been afraid of making a risotto I thought I would mess it up and somehow Chef Gordon Ramsey would come crashing through my front door and throw the failed dish on the ground! Of course, he would be dropping a lot of cuss words while doing this! This would, of course, make me cry hysterically and vow to never cook again!
Thankfully,risotto is not that hard to make and Chef Ramsey is busy with other things! I will let you know that making this dish is time consuming. Although it is a rice dish, you can’t just throw it in a pot with some water and let it cook for 20 minutes. This dish takes tender loving care and a bit of time. Oh yes, patience.
You will not be sorry that you scheduled some time for the making of this dish. Risotto with Pumpkin and Broccoli is a dish that is creamy and has a bit of a sharp taste to it that comes from the fresh parmesean cheese.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 sage leaves
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cups canned or fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute 1 chopped onion and 10 sage leaves in olive oil in a saucepan.
- Stir in 2 cups Arborio rice.
- Stir in 1/2 cup white wine until absorbed, stirring until absorbed.
- Gradually add 6 cups chicken broth, stirring until absorbed; whisk in 3/4 cup pumpkin. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup grated parmesan and 1 cup steamed broccoli
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016
- How to Make the Most Delicious Eggnog Scones #SundaySupper - December 4, 2016
- Need more sleep?How to do it and why you should - December 2, 2016