50+ Rice recipes! Rice is so versatile, it can be used for main dishes, salads and even desserts. Rice is also very (and I mean very) inexpensive.
Many years ago, I lived in Arkansas. Did you know that Arkansas is a leader in rice production? I certainly didn’t. I always thought that rice was grown overseas and was shipped to America. I learned differently when I lived in the middle of rice country, USA! Here is a little personal history – I loved living there! We lived in a small town and were a part of the homeschool community and the 4-H community. I learned so much about rice farming there – I even got to ride in a combine!
As you know, my passion is to create meals that can be made for $5.00 or less for a family of four. I achieve this by buying protein that is under $2.50 per pound. The other $2.50 of the budget is spent on grains/starches and vegetables/fruit.
Purchasing a 10 pound bag (or more) of rice is, in my mind, the best idea. You can buy 10 pounds of rice for around $5.00 (usually less) and it will last you a long time. I keep my rice in the refrigerator so it doesn’t get rancid.
Here are some fantastic recipes that highlight rice. I am sure you will find a few that your family will love.
- Cooking Rice with Chicken Broth
- Spanish Summer Salad
- Arroz con Leche
- Copy cat Kozy Shack Rice Pudding recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Flavored Rice and Veggies
- Savory Seasoned Rice
- Spicy Sausage stuffed Peppers
- Spanish Rice with Black Beans and Corn
- Cheesy Kale, Mushroom and Rice Casserole
- Surimi Chirashi Sushi with Summer Vegetables
- Coconut Pineapple Rice
- Citrus Rice
- Persian Rice Salad
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Pudding
- Tiramisu Rice Pudding
- Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Basmati Rice
- Zucchini risotto
- Popeye’s Red Beans & Rice
- Kozy Shack Rice Pudding
- Benihana Fried Rice
- Quick & Easy Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Popeye’s Cajun Rice
- Sushi Rolls
- Indian Christmas Rice
- Aromatic Jasmine Herbed Brown Rice
- Easy Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
- One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice
- Southwest Skillet Chicken and Rice
- One Skillet Healthy Orange Chicken and Rice
- Crockpot Thai Shrimp and RiceSpicy Grilled Chicken with Baja Black Beans and Rice
- Simple Santa Fe Rice with Cilantro and Garlic
- Spiced Cashew Plum Rice Porridge
- Chorizo Rice Poblano Peppers
- Easy Wild Rice Pilaf
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- Sausage Fried Rice
- Spicy Thai Pork Fried Rice
- Quick and Easy: Sausage, Chicken and Black Bean Paella Recipe
Rice is versatile and inexpensive, so it is a smart idea to add it to your weekly menu on a regular basis.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016