Red, White and Blueberry Fruit salad – the perfect salad to take on your 4th of July picnic (or any other day)!
During the Spring and Summer, my family eats a lot of fruit. It is not unusual to see fruit as a dessert at our dinner table. This red, white and blueberry salad is such a refreshing salad that we have it often. I have been known to make it during the winter months with frozen berries. Of course, fresh are better.
If you are on your way to a 4th of July picnic or neighborhood party, take this salad with you. Everyone will love it and ask you for the recipe. I give you permission, to act as if it took hours to make (even though it didn’t)
Strawberries, blueberries and apples are such a great combination, I decided to toss them together to create an easy salad. I added a little lime juice and honey for a sweet/tart taste. I would have loved to add some watermelon to this recipe, but I was out and didn’t want to run to the store.
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- Place strawberries in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Toss to coat. Let sit about 15 minutes.
- Add blueberries, raspberries and apple. Stir gently to mix.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice and honey. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Keep refrigerated
Get in the kitchen, grab your fruit and start chopping. Within minutes you will be out of the kitchen and joining the fun. You will also be hearing words of praise for the best fruit salad ever!
Looking for more 4th of July picnic ideas? Check these out:
What are your families favorite 4th of July traditions and meals? I would love to know.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017
- Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Chips, a clean eating recipe - January 13, 2017