Red, White and Blue Sugar Cookies – #FillTheCookieJar
It is time once again for the Fill The Cookie Jar! This month we are going patriotic! That may mean Red, White and Blue to some of us, but to others it may mean something else. I hope you will take a few minutes to see what all my good cookie baking friends are sharing this month!
I decided to go with a Red, White and Blue sugar cookie. I just love sugar cookies, there are so many things you can do with them. I put a scoop of ice cream between two of them and made an ice cream sandwich! Yum. The recipe I am sharing is one of my favorites. The recipe makes a large batch so I typically will freeze part of the dough. Then, when I have a cookie monster moment, I can defrost some of the dough and make my self some warm fresh cookies!
Lets get on to the recipe shall we?
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Red and Blue food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Split the dough into 3 sections. Color one section red, one section blue and leave the last section as it is. Grab a little ball (about 3/4 of an inch) of each color and place them together. Then roll them in the palm of your hand for a minute until they join. Then Flatten them and place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Take a few minutes to stop by and see what everyone else has been baking! I am sure you will find a couple recipes you will enjoy! If you are a blogger and are interested in being a part of this group, stop by the Fill The Cookie Jar Sign Up Sheet and I will add you to our group!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016