Hello and welcome back to Fill The Cookie Jar! Last month, I was sorry to say that my daughter ate my cookies! Yes, I know that sounds very much like the old excuse, “The Dog ate my Homework,” but it was true.
My daughter and I both have a sweet tooth! Well, we actually have a bunch of them. Imagine my surprise when I found all of my cookies were gone! The next morning (the day the post was to go live) I tried to recreate the recipe. Well, things were not going well in the kitchen for me, so I opted out!
This month, I am ready! I purposely chose a very easy recipe. One that is pretty fool proof! I was lucky enough to not have any crazy incidents in the kitchen this time. Also, my daughter now has her own apartment – so I didn’t have to worry about her eating them all!
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine one box of Red Velvet cake mix, the eggs and the vegetable oil using a hand blender or wooden spoon.
- Form teaspoon size balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or baking pan about one inch apart. (Add chocolate Chips if desired)
- Sligtly pat down the top of each ball.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes (the top of the cookie will crack).
- While hot, lightly sprinkle the top of the cookie with powdered sugar.
- I added chocolate chips in half the mixture! You could add nuts or white chocolate chips too!
Thanks for stopping by and checking my recipe. I hope you will take a few minutes to drop by and see what everyone else was busy in the kitchen baking!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Recipe for Cajun Shrimp Sheet Pan Dinner #FishFriday - April 21, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #112 - April 20, 2017
- 9 Home Remedies for Sunburn Relief - April 18, 2017