Raspberry Jalapeno Jam
Adapted from: Simplebites.net
Makes 2 half pints
3 cups raspberries
1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
1 jalapeno, sliced from the stem to the tip*
1/2 lemon, juiced
– Prepare a small canning pot and two half pint jars. (I used 4 small jam jars). Place lids in small saucepan of water and bring to simmer.
– Combine raspberries and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir all the sugar into the fruit with a spoon and mash as you go. (I used a potato masher)
– Once the raspberries begin to release juice and the sugar dissolves, place the mixture in a 4 quart pan and place over high heat. Add the jalapeno.
– Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring regularly, until the berries break down and the syrup thickens.
– When the jam has thickened and passes the spoon test, add lemon juice.
– Remove pan from heat, take jalapeno out. Funnel the jam into jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Clean rims and add lids and rings. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
All unsealed jam should be refrigerated.
* The first batch I made had only one slice in the jalapeno. It was fragrant, but not warm. The second batch I made, had about 4 slices from stem to tip and it gave the jam a good scent and a good amount of heat.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. I have linked spoon test and the processing, in case you are new to canning. If you have never canned before, try this and you will be hooked!
By the way – Big give this jam a THUMBS UP!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Easy Honey Glazed Carrots with Chives Recipe - October 25, 2016
- Christmas Gift Guide for the Natural Living Hostess - October 24, 2016
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016