For me, fall means two things – comfort food and pumpkin. These pumpkin spice molasses cookies are so fall like. They are full of pumpkin flavor and I promise you won’t be able to eat just one! This article contains affiliate links and if you click on the link and purchase something I will make a small commission.
It really hasn’t started to cool off here in Central VA yet, but I am so ready for fall. As much as I love salads, grilling and summer, I also love comfort foods and pumpkin. I really miss comfort foods in the summer. There is something wonderful about creamy, hot casseroles and soups and stews. Goodness, I digress!
The recipe for the pumpkin spice molasses cookies came from the Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice morsels package. I wish I could say I created it. Whoever did create this recipe deserves a medal in my book.
Here are a couple things I used to create this recipe:
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I use Libby's)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice Morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a medium bowl. Beat 1 cup of sugar and butter until creamy. Add pumpkin, molasses, egg and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Refrigerator dough at least 1 hour.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in remaining 1/3 cup sugar until coated. Place 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes or until cookies look cracked and are set at edges. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Looking for more pumpkin goodness? Check out these posts!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Kids won’t eat vegetables? I have tips that will help. - March 28, 2017
- Butterfly Feeder Tutorial with Feeding Big - March 24, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017