Pumpkin cranberry mini muffins are pretty darn delicious .
My family loves recipes that are filled with pumpkin and all of the wonderful spices that go along with pumpkin. A couple of their favorites are Pumpkin Caramel Cake and Savory and Spicy Pumpkin soup.
These pumpkin cranberry mini muffins fit in clean eating and real food way of eating. They are low on sugar – and only have 1 egg white in them.
How to Make Pumpkin Cranberry Mini Muffins:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (do not use canned pumpkin-pie filling)
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 of the mini muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk together egg white, canned pumpkin, cranberries, buttermilk, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry; stir with a wooden spoon just until there are no dry flour is in the mixture. Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, about 2 tablespoons per cup.
- Bake until browned, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cool in muffin pan for a couple of minutes before turning muffins out and cooling them on a wire rack.
Don’t let the size of these muffins fool you. They are full of flavor and sweet even though they are low in sugar. Add a few of these to your children’s lunch boxes or fill a plate with them for an ofter school snack.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017
- Vitamin C Supplement benefits are many, add it to your day - March 21, 2017
- Cajun Tilapia with roasted zucchini - March 20, 2017