Welcome to the October version of Fill The Cookie Jar! I am always so excited to share a “Themed” cookie recipe with you and to see what all of my other baking friends share. Since it is October, we are sharing Halloween cookies. We have added a little something new to the group – the bakers can now also share cookie bars! I am excited about this because I love them!
I decided to make Impossibly Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake bars. These bars use Bisquick in them and it is the ready they are considered Impossibly Easy! I use my own homemade Baking Mix – you can find the recipe for it here on the blog. I really like these easy types of recipes. When my daughter was younger, a couple of recipes that found their way to our dinner table often were Impossibly Cheeseburger Pie and Cheese Biscuits. Anyway, back to the Pumpkin Cheesecake bars.
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into 16 pieces, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup homemade biscuit mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In blender, place all ingredients. Cover; blend on high speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. (Or beat in medium bowl with hand beater 2 minutes.)
- Place your graham crackers in a large sealable plastic bag and crush them, using a rolling pin. Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and melt it in the microwave. Add the graham cracker crumbs and stir till well combined.
- Lay the crumb mixture on the bottom of the baking dish and press down.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the graham cracker crust and smooth out.
- Bake about 45 minutes or just until puffed and center is dry (do not overbake). Cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until chilled.
- Cut into 9 bars and enjoy!
- You can add various toppings to this - try whipped cream, caramel topping or a praline nut topping!