My first try at Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Lately, I have seen Pulled Pork Sandwich recipes all over the internet and in most food magazines I read.
Can you believe I have never eaten a Pulled Pork Sandwich?
I know, I know … I am a girl from the South and I have not eaten a Pulled Pork Sandwich! When Paula Deen reads this, she will slap my mouth! (Paula and I are tight and she always reads my blog!)
So, I finally went out and bought myself a Pork Butt Roast, spiced it up and threw it in the slow cooker. 8 hours later I was in heaven! Yes, heaven! Really, it is true, even Big heard the angels sing when we took our first bite!
So, lets get on to the recipe. I search the internet and then decided upon my own creation. It was a good decision!
- 1 pork butt roast (about 4 pounds is what I had)
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- BBQ sauce (I used Bulls Eye, use your favorite)
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Rinse the pork butt and then pat dry.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast and then place in the slow cooker.
- Add the water to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook for about 8 hours on low or until the roast "shreds" when you pull it with a fork.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred it.
- Drain the water in the slow cooker.
- Return to the slow cooker and add the amount of BBQ sauce that you like. I used about 1 1/2 cups. Leave it in the slow cooker for about 30 minutes or until the sauce heats up!
- If you have a roast that is larger than the 4 pound pork roast I used, you will want to increase the amount of spices that you use. You may also have to increase the cooking time.
If you try this, I would love to hear what you think. If you have a recipe for pulled pork, share it with me! I am always happy to try something new!
Thanks for stopping by and see you soon! By the way, if you don’t already follow me on my various social medias, I would love it if you would! Also, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter – it will be out soon! Thanks – you are great!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Best Fruit Kabobs Ever #July4Recipes - June 27, 2017
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bar Recipe, with cherries (GF, Vegan) - June 26, 2017
- The best nachos recipe, Cowboy Nachos #SundaySupper - June 25, 2017