This Memorial Day, I will host a small get together! I am excited to not only prepare a great meal for my guests, but also to set a great table.
I decided to make a centerpiece that could be used for the holiday and that would last through the summer also. It was easy to do.
Here is what you need:
- 3 clay pots
- White Craft paint
- Blue Craft paint (I used Patriotic blue)
- Foam Brush
- Floral Foam
- Silk Geraniums (I used 2 bunches from Michaels)
What you do:
- Paint the bottom half of the clay pot with white paint (I used two coats)
- Paint the rim of the pot with blue paint (I used 2 coats)
- Place some floral foam in the clay pot
- Cut the stems from the main bunch and place them in the floral foam in an design you like
- Top with moss
If you are a crafty type of person, this should take you about an hour. Some of that time will be waiting for the paint to dry. Even if you are not a crafty type of person, it won’t take you much longer.
I know this is a simple craft, but I think these pots make a great statement. Don’t forget, you can use these potted geraniums all summer long!
I used some gingham plates that I recently picked up at And That (also known as the Christmas Store). The flatware is from Fiesta. I don’t remember where I purchased the placemats! I have had them and loved them for along time!
I hope you enjoy the quick Potted Geranium craft and the Red, White and Blue Tablescape. Stop by and share your patriotic posts at the Patriot’s Palooza. It is hosted by 5 great bloggers with connections to every branch of the Military Services.
See you there!