Potato soup is delicious! Potato soup made in the slow cooker is even better! But wait! Top this wonderful, creamy soup off with bacon and grated cheese and you have just hit the jackpot!
Fall is here.
The trees are changing colors. The weather is changing. Sweaters are coming out of the closet.
This is also the time of the year, my slow cooker(s) come out of the pantry. I love the ease of using a crock pot. Don’t you?
This potato soup is wonderful and creamy. It is also easy and versatile. Guess what, it is frugal too! You can easily make this frugal family meal for less than $5.00 for a family of 4. That is 4 large bowls of soup!
I made a few changes to the original recipe that was found at Our Table For Seven. I used vegetable stock instead of chicken stock and this easy change made the meal a vegetarian meal.
Potato Soup in the Slow Cooker
A creamy and delicious potato soup that is made in the slow cooker and is ready when you are. Top it off with bacon, cheese or sour cream and you have just made the perfect meal!
Write a review
- 3 lbs potatoes, diced (about 1 inch squares, no need to peel)
- 4 Tablespoons garlic powder (I used 2 cloves fresh garlic)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 38 oz chicken stock (I used Vegetable stock)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes, garlic, onion and chicken stock into crock pot. Cover. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove soup from slow cooker. Puree in blender or food processor with cream cheese (I used an immersion blender). Pour back into crock pot to keep warm.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Bacon (can use pork or turkey or veggie)
- Sour Cream
Feeding Big http://feedingbig.com/
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
I am a lover of great food, gardening, quilting and all things that make my house a home.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016