There are many reasons we love this potato soup
- Easy to make
- Made in the slow cooker
- Few ingredients
- Most important – it tastes great!
Potato Soup in the Slow Cooker
- 3 lbs potatoes diced (about 1 inch squares, no need to peel)
- 4 Tablespoons garlic powder I used 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 38 oz chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Add potatoes, garlic, onion and chicken stock into crock pot. Cover. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
Remove soup from slow cooker. Puree in blender or food processor with cream cheese (I used an immersion blender). Pour back into crock pot to keep warm.
Bacon (can use pork or turkey or veggie)
I know this soup will find it’s way on my table often this fall and winter. I love a warm and comforting meal made in the slow cooker. I hope you will take the time to try it. I think you will love it.
If you are looking for more soup recipes – look no further. Here are a couple of my families favorites.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017
- Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe withCrispy Chicken Wings - February 17, 2017