Potato and Turkey Kielbasa Dinner is one of those great meals that you can easily pull together. It doesn’t take rocket science to make it! I have been making this recipe for as long as I can remember. It came in handy when I was busy with a homeschool project with my daughter or running errands or just to tired to cook. I know you all can relate! Guess what? It is a frugal family dinner too!
I had pretty much forgotten about this great frugal and easy dinner. I was picking up the few items that I needed for my weekly meal plan, when I saw the turkey kielbasa on sale. I grabbed a couple packages and knew this dish would be on the menu for the next week.
Big loves this dish! It is a hearty meal that warms your belly and keeps you feeling full all evening long. If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, fry an egg and place it on top of the Potato and Turkey Kielbasa dish for breakfast. Of course, if you are wanting a little extra protein for dinner, you can add the egg then too!
- 6 - 8 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 package of Turkey Kielbasa, cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray a casserole dish, about 8 X 8
- Put the cubed potatoes, onions and turkey kielbasa in the casserole dish.
- Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Cube the butter into small pieces and sprinkle over the potato mixture.
- Cover the casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- You can substitute regular kielbasa, but I would suggest cutting down on the butter then. It will be very greasy.
As stated in the recipe, you can make this dinner using regular Kielbasa sausage. If you do, I would suggest cutting back on the butter. Regular Kielbasa can be very fat and the addition of butter would take it over the top. One more thing about this recipe. This can easily be doubled or tripled. You can reduce the amount of kielbasa or up the amount. It is one of the thinks I love about this.
Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you will give it a try! If this recipes is not up your alley, take a few minutes to look around, I am sure you will find something you can’t wait to make!
See you soon!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016