Welcome everyone! As you know (or are just finding out) I am in Germany right now! So far, we have been in Berlin and Hamburg and am now in Kiel. Big, my Mom and I are visiting my cousin and seeing the sites. I will share photos on Instagram if you want to see what I am up to!
I am so excited to introduce my good friend Jutta from Hungry Little Girl. I am sure you have seen her around the internet and I know you have seen a few of her recipes here at Feeding Big! I just love her. Please welcome her and stop by her Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and Pinterest. Tell her Cynthia from Feeding Big sent you! Thanks.
A huge hello to the readers of Feeding Big!
The lovely Cynthia has invited me over to guest post while she is on holiday in Germany – The country I’m from 🙂
Cynthia and I met a couple months after I arrived here and are friends ever since. You just gotta love her, don’t you. I always enjoy reading her posts!
I’m Jutta and I am blogging over at Hungry Little Girl. When Cynthia asked me for a guest post I knew it had to be something special. Something decadent tasting, but still good for you, simply pleasure without guilt! The last time I was a guest here I brought this Vanilla Chocolate Pear Mable Cake – a typical German treat. This time I decided to go a completely different direction.
I brought you this Pineapple Coconut Blondies for One – I guess you could also call them Pina Colada Blondies 🙂
Now let me start with the best part about this little treat: It’s healthy, it’s good for you, it’s guilt free! The whole thing is one serving size and has under 250 calories! And no, it is not super tiny, but still you most likely won’t be able to finish it alone. So it might be a good idea to share it with a loved one 😉
The texture is fluffy and moist. If you have never baked with coconut flour, this texture will be new to you, it’s completely different from results you would get with normal flour. I love coconut flour! Yes, it is more expensive, but you also use way less of it in all the recipes! I will tell you later how to swap the coconut flour with whole wheat 🙂
The taste is amazing, refreshing, sweet (tho not too sweet) and perfect after a savory dinner.
Now let’s stop the bla bla and have a look at the recipe …
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks (no sugar added), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 pouch stevia
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Line a 4 inch ramekin with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into ramekin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Take out of the ramekin and let cool completely.
- Top with some pineapple chunks and coconut before serving
- *Now instead of using coconut flour (even tho I really recommend it), you can use 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour. The texture will just change a tiny bit, but the calories will go up, because of the carbs (coconut flour is super low carb).
Make this YOUR personal favorite blondie – be creative!
Other than that all I can say is ENJOY being creative with this recipe!
Thank you Cynthia for having me over again (I hope you are enjoying the beautiful Berlin right now haha).
Well, and maybe you want to stop over at my blog HungryLittleGirl or check out my Facebook Page – that way you never miss a post 🙂
I hope to see you there …
Thanks so much Jutta for sharing this delicious recipe! I love that it is single serve! So many options too!
Before you leave, don’t forget to drop by and sign up for the Bob’s Red Mill Ancient Grains giveaway. If you are the winner, you will receive 9 full packages for grains, a value of $50.00! Pop on over the the Giveaway and sign up now! Thanks.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017
- Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Chips, a clean eating recipe - January 13, 2017
- This Is How We Roll Thursday #98 - January 12, 2017