Pecan Pie Bars are the best cookie ever! Well, in my humble opinion they are.
This month the Fill the Cookie Jar group is making cookies based on Thanksgiving. Last year, I made bite sized cinnamon roll cookies. They were a big hit in my home. There were a few requests to make them again this year, but I decided to be selfish and make a cookie I loved and not what everyone else wanted.
I love pecan pie. No one else in my home does. So what, do I do? I make these little pecan pie bars and have bite sized pecan pie whenever I want it. This recipes makes a lot of cookies, so I freeze them. It only takes about 15 minutes for the bars to defrost enough to eat them. Perfect.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter (cold)
- 4 tablespoons half and half
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Using either a pastry blender, fork, or butter knife cut in the ¾ cup butter until the mixture looks like crumbs or sand.
- Pour in the half and half and mix with fork, then mix with your hands to make sure the flour is incorporated.
- Press the dough into the greased baking pan. I typically wet my fingers to spread and pat down he dough. The dough is very sticky.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, the top of the crust will be a light brown color.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the pecan pie topping. In a medium size bowl lightly beat the eggs. Add in the light brown sugar, light corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans. Stir to combine. Spread this over the baked hot crust.
- Bake again for another 20 minutes, or until the pecan pie filling has set
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into bars.
The fall and winter holidays are always so full of parties and get togethers. These Pecan Pie Bars are always a hit and usually one of the first things to disappear from the table.
So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and make a pan of these delicious cookie bars. It won’t take you long and I bet you have the ingredients on hand any way. Bring a smile to your families faces when they see what you have made for them.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe withCrispy Chicken Wings - February 17, 2017
- This is How We Roll Link Party #103 - February 16, 2017
- Are Probiotics for you?They are for more than healing your gut - February 14, 2017