Peanutty Gooey Bars are my contribution to the Fill The Cookie Jar group this month! Every month a few bloggers get together and share cookie recipes based on a theme. This month our theme is Father’s Day.
My Father has been gone for over almost 12 years and I miss him a lot. He was a hard man, but he was a good man too. He loved cooking and, at times, I think I gained my love of cooking from him.
When I think of my Father, I see him in the kitchen. At times he was cooking and then at times he was digging around for a snack! One of his favorite snacks was a spoon full of peanut butter! He would dip his spoon in the peanut butter jar and then shove it in his mouth! Doing this always made him smile.
These Peanutty Gooey Bars were made in his memory! I know he would have loved the peanut butter and chocolate chips in them. The fact that they are gooey helps a bit too!
Want to make some for yourself? Here is the recipe!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups (11 oz pkg) Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a medium bowl. When mixed, press onto bottom of a non-greased 13X9 inch baking pan.
- For Topping: Microwave 1 cup morsels, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 45 seconds. Stir. If needed, microwave in additional 15 second interval, stirring vigorously after each interval until morsels are melted. Pour evenly over crust. Top with nuts and remaining 2/3 cup morsels.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- I did not use the nuts and loved these anyway!
I know my father would have loved these peanut gooey bars. As a matter of a fact, he would have enjoyed any of the cookies that I or any of my fellow bakers have made for previous Fill The Cookie Jar posts!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Butterfly Feeder Tutorial with Feeding Big - March 24, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017
- Vitamin C Supplement benefits are many, add it to your day - March 21, 2017