Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies, could have been my Father’s favorite cookies!
Welcome to the monthly Fill The Cookie Jar post! Every month a group of fantastic bloggers share their favorite cookie recipes based on a theme. This month our theme is Father’s Favorites.
Now, if you are wondering why I said the Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies could have been my Father’s favorites, there are two reasons. One reason is that my Father passed 10 years ago. The other reason they could have been his favorites is because I am not sure there where white chocolate chips back when he was around! They could have been, but I know I never saw them before!
My Father was a lover of Peanut Butter though, so I know he would have loved these! I can remember walking into the kitchen and seeing my father with a spoon heaped high with Peanut Butter going into his mouth. He would get that face that little kids get when they are caught doing something they probably shouldn’t have! My Dad could not resist peanut butter.
So in honor of my Dad, I made these Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are so delicious tasting!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- STEP 1
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- STEP 2
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- STEP 3
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift flour and baking soda together. Add to the butter mixture, and beat just to combine.
- STEP 4
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, shape into a ball, and place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, placing scoops 3 inches apart. Dip the tines of a fork in warm water; press the dough balls lightly with the back of the fork to flatten them slightly (dip the fork back in the water for each dough ball, to prevent sticking). Sprinkle with a few peanuts, if desired.
- STEP 5
- Transfer to the oven, and bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheets between the oven shelves halfway through baking. Transfer baking sheets to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
What are/were your Father’s favorite cookies? I would love it if you would leave a comment and let me know.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017
- Vitamin C Supplement benefits are many, add it to your day - March 21, 2017
- Cajun Tilapia with roasted zucchini - March 20, 2017