Peaches and Cream Ice Cream is one of the many peach dishes I have made over the past few weeks!
You all know I belong to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). Peaches have been showing up in abundance! Over the past couple of weeks, I have made Peach Cobbler, Peach Butter, Peach Melba and finally this Peaches and Cream Ice Cream!
Let me tell you, this ice cream is so good! It doesn’t have a strong peach flavor, it is a nice and subtle. Big liked it served in an ice cream cone and Taylor Ann and I liked it in a bowl with a little fresh raspberry sauce poured over it! Anyway you serve it, it is good!
I am sharing this recipe with you and all of the wonderful cooks at the Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge. I am having so much fun being a part of this group! Each month we are told what our two ingredients for the challenge are. Then we get to the kitchen and begin to create. This is a dessert only challenge and my family really loves that! Your family will too!
As you can guess, this month our challenge was to make something with peaches and cream. Here is my recipe!
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk, or as needed
- Puree peaches with the sugar and half-and-half in batches in a blender or food processor.
- In a gallon ice cream freezer container, mix together the peach mixture, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Pour in enough whole milk to fill the container to the fill line, about 2 cups.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to freeze the ice cream.
If you think you would like to be a part of this dessert challenge, head over to Lady Behind the Curtain and sign up!